[EuroPython] Work on Call for Participation for EuroPython 2015 has started

Giovanni Bajo giovanni at pycon.it
Mon Feb 3 04:18:51 CET 2014

Il giorno 03/feb/2014, alle ore 04:05, Michael <sparks.m at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> You might not call it ridiculously expensive. For me it was/is and I'm sorry that you don't like that, and if you want to go back and forth on this, I'll unsubscribe from the list (I probably should given it's now out my price range actually). You clearly have a higher disposable income than me - which is cool. Note I also said, when you factor everything else in. This isn't a criticism, my comment was an expression of surprise. Once upon a time I viewed Europython as an affordable conference - and one I could and did contribute to, since it moved to Florence (and now beyond) it hasn't been. Again, things move on, it's not a criticism. I'd rather the conference move around between places to avoid any one group getting burnt out.

I’m not questioning personal income, I was trying to keep the discussion on factual terms. I'm honestly failing to see numbers that would show how EuroPython Birmingham was “affordable" and EuroPython Florence was "ridiculously expensive" — for an average European. I didn’t miss the “factor everything in” sentence, and that’s why I also quoted hotel prices. Flights to Florence and Birmingham don’t sound too different either, they’re both small airports, not big hubs. Maybe I’m missing other things that should be factored in, I honestly don’t know.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Python Italia APS

EuroPython 2014