[EuroPython] contacting a CERN pycon uk (2009?) attendee

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:16:05 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Sylvain Bellemare <sbellem at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey,
>
> I am interested ... I can handle some math and physics a little bit ... I
> studied some physics at the undergraduate level, up to and including quantum
> mechanics ...

 sylvain, thank you, that's superb.  for background (and in case
anyone else is interested / fascinated / appalled) could you look up
"The Harari-Shup preon model and nonrelattivistic quantum phase space"
by P Zencyzykowski, Mar 3 2008 PACS numbers: 12.60.-i; 11.30.-j;
02.40.-k; 03.65.-w

 this paper may *or may not* turn out to be useful - at this stage i
don't know. then take a quick peek at the diagrams i did here:
http://lkcl.net/rishon_model/ - and please note that the charges (+ /
-) on the T and V particles when constructing quarks *do not* match up
with the standard Harari Rishon Model.

 so the immediate problem i have is that the theory predicts that a
neutron is made up of *oppositely*-charged quarks from that which is
presently believed to be the case (~d,~u,~d as opposed to d,u,d).
just like the electron was believed to be the opposite charge from
that which it was eventually proved to be.

 the bizarre thing though is that even with opposite-charged quarks -
which of course are neutrally-charged - the neutron decay equation
*still balances*.

 so i... *deep breath*... kinda need access to the raw data from the
large colliders in order to run some mathematical (statistical)
experiments.  but even before that, a mathematical model's needed
which matches up with the existing theories.

 ... yeah, oops :)

progress here is probably best handled off-list, but i just wanted to
throw the gauntlet down, here, with a first challenge that needs a
solution.

thanks folks.

l.