[EuroPython] Schedule is online!

info at pycon.it info at pycon.it
Thu Apr 19 20:27:43 CEST 2012

7 days, 5 simultaneous tracks and 100+ talks are awaiting you at EuroPython!
Did someone say Guido?

The subject says it all ... but look at the first day:

  * **Guido Van Rossum will be with us!**

We just received the confirmation and we thought it is important to tell
everyone at once!

Guido's keynote at EuroPython 2012 will be: [Not the State of the Python
Union](https://ep2012.europython.eu/conference/talks/not-state-python-union)

[Browse the schedule!](https://ep2012.europython.eu/p3/schedule/ep2012/)

## Browse the schedule and "star" your favorites talks

[Start browsing the
schedule](https://ep2012.europython.eu/p3/schedule/ep2012/) now and see what
talks have made it thanks to the community voting.

As usual, providing a way to guide delegates through the conference and help
them not miss any event they like is our top priority.

Thanks to a brand new navigation panel, you will be able to:

  * Filter talks by type (training, partner program, sprint)
  * Jump to a specific day schedule
  * Put your preferred talks in _MySchedule_

Then you can turn on/off tracks that you are interested into (like the Italian
track if you don't speak italian); after login, you will have the **star
buttons** at your disposal to quickly like the talks, and a my schedule view
that **only show the talks that you like**.

Did you join the talk voting? If so, _your vote will appear next to each
talk_, to makes it even easier to find what you like most.

It's all a bit in beta right now, but rest assured that we will keep working
on it in the next few days. If you find bugs, report them directly in the chat
or by [e-mail](mailto:europython-contact at python.org).

[Start starring your talks!](https://ep2012.europython.eu/p3/schedule/ep2012/)

### Book a Training

Reservation is not mandatory, but we will obviously give precedence to people
that have a reservation; if the training is full (no seats left) and you do
not have a reservation, you might be unable to attend the training. This is
why we suggest that you book your trainings in advance, to make sure that you
don't miss them.

You can book the trainings you want to attend, directly from the schedule
(click on the training, and then click on the "Book" button).

**Remember:** Access to trainings is limited to people that bought a standard ticket; lite tickets do not provide access to trainings.

## What is missing

We need another week or so to sort out the final details on:

  * Sprints: we will concentrate on organizing the sprints starting tomorrow. For people that need to know their exact schedule for travel arrangements, we plan to have sprints during the whole Saturday and Sunday, starting at 9:00 and ending at 19:00. More details in next weeks.
  * Evening events: don't believe the schedule that says "Finish" at 19:30, we will have **great** evening events even later in the evening, for those who can't really miss a single drop of EuroPython! We are really looking forward to announce them, so stay tuned!

We really hope that you will like our schedule browser!