[EuroPython] Speaker list and schedule as iCal file

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Jun 9 20:53:29 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 19:59 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. Will you put up a list with all the speakers on a single page ?
>
> We have this on our todo list, which is obviously very late :P
>
> Can you please clarify how you would like this list to look like? Just a
> list of all the names, linked to the personal profile page of each
> speaker?
>
> Or would you rather have a list with the speaker name and all the talks
> that each speaker gives, like:
>
>  Giovanni Bajo (=> link to profile)
>    * "PyInstaller", Track Foobar, 9:30
>    * "Debug & Profiling", Track Barfoo, 17:30
>

>> 2. Will the schedule be available as calendar file in some form ?
>
> It's also in the todo list. We would like to publish both the full
> schedule and the personalized schedule ("My Schedule") in ical.
>
> BTW, the EuroPython schedule in the guidebook app
> (http://guidebookapp.com/) is almost ready and will be probably
> published for free download during next week.

As long as someone is coding a schedule export, it would be good to
provide a .json feed described here;

https://github.com/CarlFK/veyepar/blob/master/dj/scripts/addeps.py

Prolly isn't going to happen this event, but will be used if the code
base ever gets used for an event where I do video.  so sort of future
proff.  Won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

> --
> Giovanni Bajo

Carl K