[EuroPython] EuroPython 2010 - Call for Volunteers

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jun 19 01:57:04 CEST 2010

With only a month to go before EuroPython 2010, we need to start getting
prepared for the task of running a conference!

Right now, the Wiki page is looking a little bare, with only a few names:

  http://wiki.europython.eu/VolunteersByActivity

In particular, we're looking for people to be session chairs to make sure
that sessions run smoothly. So, if you think you're likely to attend a
block of talks, why not volunteer to be the session chair for those talks.

  http://wiki.europython.eu/SessionTeam
  http://www.europython.eu/talks/timetable/

Being a session chair makes you more visible to the Python community. If you
are looking for a chance to be recognised by your peers and improve your
social networking powers, this is the job for you.

We're also looking for general helpers and people to help with the audio
recording of talks.

Maybe you've already registered for the conference. There are probably
people who have yet to hear about it - including prospective sponsors - so
publicity is still important. Please help promote the conference by
reminding friends and colleagues in your workplace, user group or project
community. Take a look at our publicity Wiki page for resources:

  http://wiki.europython.eu/Publicity

David Boddie (on behalf of the organisers)