[EuroPython] little BOFs again

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Fri Jun 18 19:21:58 CEST 2010

On 18/06/2010 18:17, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Michael Foord<mfoord at python.org>  wrote:
>
>> On 18/06/2010 17:19, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>

>>> it'll happily run under python2.4-2.7
>>> http://github.com/lkcl/grailbrowser
>>>

>> One possibility would be to use PyPy, with its new C extension support, to
>> get sandboxing.
>>
>   intriguing idea.  what's the purpose - make it possible to run
> python2.4 code on a modern system?

Python 2.4 still runs fine on all modern systems as far as I know. My
suggestion was to enable running Python applets in the browser without
security problems. Python applets was part of the point of grail and the
rexec module in Python was created for this purpose; but rexec was
hopelessly flawed (there were always ways to break out of the sandbox)
and was deprecated.

All the best,

Michael

--