[EuroPython] JavaScript events at EuroPython

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Thu Jul 15 01:57:54 CEST 2010

On 14/07/2010 21:33, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Jonathan Fine<jfine at pytex.org>  wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Like quite a few others at this conference, I'm interested in
>> JavaScript.  And so I've created in the wiki a page listing all events that
>> seem to be significantly related to JavaScript.
>>
>>    http://wiki.europython.eu/JavaScript
>>
>> This page lists 14 events.  If you're interested in JavaScript, please take
>> a look.
>>
>   ah.  is michael foord on this mailing list at all?  michael, could
> you kindly point me in the direction of some demo code where it is
> possible to access DOM objects inside a web browser from Silverlight?

Hey Luke,

Here's the official documentation on the topic, which uses the "new
style" IronPython and Silverlight integration:

     http://ironpython.net/browser/docs.html#interacting-with-markup

I'll be covering it briefly in my talk on Silverlight.

I also have some old style examples on my website:

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/silverlight/silverlight_api.shtml#accessing-the-browser-dom

Both styles of DOM access still work and you can even mix them in an app.

he online examples on my website no longer work with recent versions of
Silverlight. :-( If you download them and replace the IronPython
binaries with a recent release they should still work fine. (i.e. all
the code works fine its just the old IronPython runtime that is out of
date.)

All the best,

Michael Foord