[EuroPython] How about to move the mailing list to Google Groups?

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Fri Jul 17 14:21:46 CEST 2009

Hi!

As for newsgroup like reading there is of course gmane.org which can
provide you with an NNTP interface and for a forum frontend there is
nabble.com which works on existing lists as well.

IMHO this usually gives most users one method which should work for them.

Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
> I have several mailing-lists under Google Groups and they have two
> very nice features:
> * protect your email address from spiders
> * administrators can moderate every first message from new members -
> this does catch all the spam using a little effort from the
> administrators, is not a big deal the the first message is not
> delivered instantly.

I don't care that much about it unless I can read and reply to the list
with my normal email address. So far I have not found out how to
actually do this. If somebody can tell me, this would be much
appreciated though. (not though that my normal email address is now
attached to an Google Apps account for my company which seems to add
another layer of confusion to the whole Google authorization system. To
me at least.)

In general I am more for synchronizing different frontends though than
to move the whole thing.

-- Christian