[EuroPython] EuroPython 2009 Dates

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:18:19 CEST 2008

2008/5/22 John Pinner <funthyme at gmail.com>:
> 2008/5/22 Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr>:
>> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:05:56PM +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>>> PyCon does it on the weekend, but that's US. My feeling is that
>>> EuroPython has a smaller percentage of hobbyists, but that could be
>>> because it isn't on a weekend, as well as a reason not to have it on a
>>> weekend. :-)
>>
>> For us, EuroPython is work and we try very hard not to work on
>> week-ends and enjoy the non-pythonic life instead.
>
> But you work in a Python-friendly company (because you founded it!)
>
> There are a lot of people who are trapped in jobs where they're unable
> to use Python and/or other FLOSS systems. Their employers won't
> support them in coming to events like EP and PyCon, so a weekend event
> is quite attractive to them.

As I was saying before I hit the wrong key:

But I agree that EuroPython is probably best held during the week.
Maybe the more local events like PyCon IT and FR are better over the
weekend.

Nicolas, as EP2008 is during the week, I hope that you will be coming
and presenting this year :)

Best wishes,

John