[EuroPython] EP website and tools : replacing CPS by Plone

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Sun Feb 4 22:07:15 CET 2007

2007/1/19, Nicolas Pettiaux <nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be>:
> A question I raise:
Dear all

I do not read any reactions on my mail.

I have received an account on the current EP website run with CPS
(that is not actively developped anymore by its initial developpers !)
to change the pages and adapt them, but ...
I can hardly do what I want because I do have many troubles with CPS
that does not present the users with pages that look similar to the
ones seen by the visitors. So it would take me very much energy and
time.

As CPS is not actively developped anymore, its successor is *not* in
python, I will not invest much more time, and I am sad of this
situation that does not allow me to work on EP as I would like.

What do you think ?

I would also like to know how much time and work it would involve to
change the EB website from CPS to plone, but if the new site is done
with plone now, as we are starting the current site, it will take much
less energy than if we do it later.

Thanks for your comments,

Nicolas

Nicolas Pettiaux - email: nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be