[EuroPython] Problems with payments and whatever

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Fri May 26 11:24:56 CEST 2006

Guys,

I think it's a very wrong time to discuss about software choices.

I really ask you all to focus on solving the challenge we face now, of
which are most not even remotely related to software choices:

a) how do we check if payments are legitimate? We have a rather large
fraction from Kongo and Nigeria; and some did pay via Credit Card or
Wold Pay

b) We have to make sure that CERN has access to account statements of
the EP society account; because they are the one who have to check
against the registrants. Is it given that CERN has online access to
the account?

c) we still need to get translators and "maevens" = distributors for
our Press Release to various countries, including Italy, Spain,
Luxembourg, Austria, Hungary, Turkey, Greece, Belarus, Ukraine,
Kasachstan, Usbekistan, China, Japan, New Zealand, Australia

d) we still need some talk proposals

e) we still need the Press Release for c)

f) what can we do about all those Nigerian registrations? How can we
judge if they are for real or just a scam?

g) fighting about time slots track by track

best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa