[EuroPython] Paying for the conference

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon May 22 18:05:56 CEST 2006

On Monday 22 May 2006 17:44, Aiste Kesminaite wrote:
> > On Monday 22 May 2006 15:14, John Wilson wrote:
> >> I registered for the conference and booked accommodation in the
> >> hostel. However i wasn't asked for credit card details:)
> >>
> >> How am I going to pay?
>
> I think the reason is the following -- you only registered for the
> conference and noted what kind of accommodation you would like. You
> should send an email to the CERN hostel in order to book accommodation
> and provide credit card details and so on directly to them.

My impression was that if you selected the CERN Hostel in the registration
form, the registration would be forwarded on - otherwise, what's the idea
with the indicator of how many places are left? If I'm wrong, then I guess
I'll be chasing up my own reservations, but in any case this would explain
why the hostel staff aren't replying to mails: they've been deluged with
people trying to make a booking via e-mail, possibly when those people don't
actually need to do so.

Paul