[EuroPython] Web site additions

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon May 15 23:28:00 CEST 2006

Hello,

The more inquisitive among you will have noticed that, thanks to the technical
wizardry of Jean-Marc Orliaguet, we now have a "calendar" tab on the
EuroPython front page, inspired by the PyCon "event calendar" but without the
same friendly greeting ("The days in the following table are wrong; we need
to update them.") Since this challenged the space occupied by the
"accommodation" tab, that particular label has been changed to "places to
stay".

In the "tracks and talks" section, I've removed the announcement pages,
placing them in a new section ("announcements"), and then hiding that section
in order to remove those links at the bottom of the "tracks and talks" page.
Sorry if there was an easier way, but I did check to see if anyone known to
Google was deep-linking to those pages: my sensors detect that no-one was.

Comments are welcome, as always, and special attention should be paid to the
dates listed in the calendar as this was the focus of much of the IRC
discussion.

Paul