[EuroPython] Keynotes?

Beatrice During bea at changemaker.nu
Mon May 1 06:57:52 CEST 2006

Hi there

My name is Beatrice Düring, I am co-chairing the Agile track with Holger
Krekel, Aiste Kesminaite and Bea Fontaine.

We have discussed in our group, together with Michael Hudson about
keynotes. We have discussed the idea to invite Helen Sharp of the Open
University to keynote the Agile track. She is well-known in the Agile
community and keynotes their larger conferences.(H.C.Sharp at open.ac.uk)

She was a keynote at the ACCU  - title "Software Development -- a social
activity with technical aspects".

So our questions are:

- have there been any decisions made regarding keynotes for the entire
conference?
- could we have one or say one per day? Some discussions about inviting
Alan Kay for example (again Michael...) - and then maybe also Helen Sharp?
- could a single track have a keynote - say Helen if she is not a
keynote for the entire conference?
- do we have any system regarding reimbursments for keynotes (travels,
accommodation???)

These questions need some rough answering before we can proceed to
invite her - even if only for the agile track....

Cheers

Bea