[EuroPython] talks and timetables.

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Jun 2 19:20:42 CEST 2006

So today we had our big track-chair-after-paper-deadline-day chinwag.

We have had slightly more than 100 talks submitted, and we rapidly
came to the conclusion that we should take advantage of the fourth
room that Bendikt had booked.

After a bit of haggling about trading talks between tracks, we came up
with the following sketch schedule for the three days (each cell
represents a 90 minute block):

    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Web    | Ref/Sci  |  Agile   |    Py    |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Web    | Science  |  Agile   |    Py    |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Web    | Science  |  Agile   |    Py    |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Games  | Science  |          |    Py    |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+

    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Web    | Refereed | Business |    Py    |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Web    | Science  | Business |    Py    |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Web    | Science  | Business |    Py    |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |              Lightning Talks              |

    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Web    | Refereed |  Agile   | Teaching |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Web    | Misfits  |  Agile   | Teaching |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |   Web    | Misfits  |  Agile   |          |
    +----------+----------+----------+----------+
    |              Lightning Talks              |

We also agreed to slightly shorten the inter block breaks to allow for
people to move between tracks.

I've asked all the track chairs to work out which talks we're going to
accept and reject and timetable those they are sure about by Monday
night, so we should have a complete, albeit draft, timetable by
Tuesday lunchtime (bits should appear before then, depending on how
much time the various track chairs have over the weekend).

We gonna have some really interesting talks!  Thanks to all the track
chairs for doing such a great job!

Cheers,
mwh
(EuroPython 2006 Program Chair)

--
  If you don't have friends with whom to share links and conversation,
  you have social problems and you should confront them instead of