[EuroPython] CALL FOR EPC 2007 VENUE AND ORGANISING TEAM PROPOSALS

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Jul 10 09:18:45 CEST 2006

[Apologies if you receive this annauncement more than once]

CALL FOR EPC 2007 VENUE AND ORGANISING TEAM PROPOSALS

The EPC 2006 at CERN has been tremendous fun and a big success, and now
it is time to begin preparations for EPC 2007.

What we are looking for are proposals for a venue *and* a team to run it
for next year's EP.

Below is the list of requirements:

* The proposal should be:

  - serious and carefully considered

  - made by a team of at least two, not an individual

* Information to include in the proposal:

  - The proposed location

  - The details of the people offering to do the local work

  - An estimated budget of the event

The division of work into separate areas of responsability worked well
this year and we intend to continue with it:

  - there will be a separate team of individuals that will take care of
    the content for the conference, will manage tracks, etc. Unless
    wanting to, the local organisers wil not have to spend time on this.

  - the economy of the event will be managed by the EuroPython Society -
    we will make sure that bills get payed in time, fees are collected,
    invoices are sent, etc.

  - We are going to reuse the website and Indico system, meaning the
    tech-aspects are covered.

  - the board of the EP Society will be available to give what support
    and help that is needed.

Deadlines
---------

The proposition should be sent to the list before 0900 UTC 24 July (the
list is europython at python.org)
By 1800 UTC Friday 28 July, the EuroPython Society board will make a
decision on where to host next EPC.

Those of the community interested in influencing the decision should
participate in the discusison on the list.

More info
---------

If you wish to come into contact with this year's organisers, send an
email to staff at europython.org

If you wish to contact the board directly, send an email to
board at europython.org

If there are any issues you think are not covered here, send an mail to
board at europython.org or to the list.

Sincerely,

Dario Lopez-Kästen
for the EP Society

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley