[EuroPython] PyCon blog - something interesting to be noted

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 04:18:02 CET 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:24:19 +0200, Heimo Laukkanen <huima at iki.fi> wrote:
> http://pycon.blogspot.com/
>
> "This is where PyCon shines. They have defined some "open spaces" where
> people can define some loose talks, presentations, or light tutorials. A
> very unstructured system that "fills in the blanks". They get up in front
> and yammer on for five minutes. Lest you think I'm going funky on people
> with the word "yammer"... yes, I got up and yammered about EZT. Not sure
> that I was any more successful about escaping the "yammer" marking."

No. There're two kind of different events: Open Spaces and Lightning Talks.

A lightning talk is a presentation, in only 5 minutes, usually with a
very few slides or even alive (demos, code over an interactive
interpreter). There's a big enforcement in the 5 minutes, and after
each presentation, when the person answers two or three questions, the
other expositor is already changing the laptop in the projector.

An open space is of 30 minutes, and the idea is to sit with other
people in a part of a room to discuss something.

.    Facundo

PyAr: http://pyar.decode.com.ar/