[EuroPython] Europython 2005 speaker information

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rsenra at acm.org
Thu Jun 23 06:11:04 CEST 2005

 [ Jacob Hallén <jacob at strakt.com> ]
 | General information for speakers at Europython 2005

 Jacob, thank you for this reminder. Outstanding work.

 | 1. You can now upload your presentation slides, papers, mugshots and
 | other pertinent materials to the registration website.

 I'm polishing up my two presentations (Python in Brazil: Community & University),
 and I plan to upload final versions no later than Friday 24th.

 | The site allows removal of materials, so you can upload early versions
 | of your presentation materials and replace them later.

 Done that, draft versions have been uploaded successfully.

 | 2. The printable programme will be available to all attendees in a day
 | or two.  If you want to make changes in the description of your talk,
 | or refine your biography, please do so straight away. That way your
 | modifications can go into the programme.

 Reviewed.

 | 3. We are arranging to have tested laptop video projector combinations
 | available in all rooms. The software guaranteed to be available on
 | these machines are:
 |
 | Mozilla Firefox
 | Python 2.4

 I'm doing my presentation in S5-compliant html slides generated
 from text in rest format. I'm not planning to take my notebook,
 but the aforementioned setup suits me fine.

 I'll be taking the slides in a USB pen-drive and a CD just in case ;o)

 | The machines should all have network access,

 It is a plus, but not essential to my speech.

 I'd like to thank you, Laura, Bea, and the rest of the Europython org. team
 in advance for the wonderful work you are doing.

 I look forward to meet you.

 best regards,
 Rod

--

  Rodrigo Senra       <rsenra |at| acm.org>