[EuroPython] Sponsorship / brochure for bags?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Jun 20 17:24:31 CEST 2005

Stephan Deibel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I emailed last week and got sponsorship info from Dario Lopez-Kaesten, who
> responded to my original request.  I see from the materials he sent that
> we're late but I also don't see the program up on the website yet so am
> hoping we can still do:
>
> 1) The Advertiser level of sponsorship (ad on website and program).
>     Is it still possible?

Yes, at least for the web it is still possible. Send me a confirmation
email and send the material to the people specified in the sponsor text,
and it will be up ASAP.

As for the printed programme, Jacob is the one to answer that.

> 2) Distribute leaflets on the registration desk or in bags if you have them.
>     How much would this cost to add to the above, if anything?  Also, I
>     inferred from Dario's reply that you don't have attendee bags -- is that
>     correct?
>
> Also, I would like to offer giving away licenses for Wing IDE Pro if this
> would be of interest.  I think it was Jacob Hallen that asked us about this
> in a past year and we say "yes" but the drawing was never done. We would
> give the 3 OS license, which is normally $395 (and we can give away up to 3
> of those).
>
> If a drawing is possible, the most effective for us (and any other donors
> of merchandise) would be to announce it at the start, have people put
> name/contact in a box, then do a drawing and announce winner later in
> conference.  This is more work than just picking from attendee list but
> gets us more exposure and the winner are more likely to actually want the
> license.  If doing a drawing like this not possible, we could also just go
> w/ announcing winners chosen from the list of all attendees.
>
> Since we're not going to be at the conference, the drawing would have to be
> run by a volunteer and so should probably also cost us some extra money if
> it's done as a drawing.  The question is of course -- is this possible,
> and if so how much money should we add to our sponsorship?

I think that a drawing is definitely possible. I can 't say about the
cost, we are having a meeting tomorrow afternoon, and I'll bring that up
  for decision by then. I will of course try to get a reply sooner.

> Thanks for the info, and sorry for being late on this.
>
> - Stephan

I apologise too for not being able to bring this up sooner.

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley