[EuroPython] Scheduling call for papers and acceptance of talks

Paul Everitt paul at zope-europe.org
Sun Feb 27 12:35:46 CET 2005

I totally agree with you, that presentation material is overrated and
should be subservient to the presenter.  And yes, this fact is mostly
missed by terrified speakers that recite their bulleted lists to the
audience. :^)

Still, we need *some* kind of metric on which to base talk selection.
Your recipe below works when the speaker is good.  Not all speakers are
good.  We could ask people, in their talk proposals, to indicate
whether or not they are good speakers, but I don't think that will
help. :^)

Again, should we try to improve the quality?   If there isn't a strong
opinion that this needs attention, Heimo and I will drop it.  If it is
worth looking into, though, how can we achieve it?

--Paul