[EuroPython] [Please read and respond!] We have an EPC 2006 host and organiser

Beatrice Fontaine bea at webwitches.com
Thu Feb 3 16:10:46 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 15:23, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:

> yes, you have. You were also the only one to comment it last time when I
> mailed to the EPC board... I was just thinking that more than two votes
> in favor (mine included) would be nice ;-)
>
> On the other hand no-one has objected yet...

I don't think it is the role of the EPC board to decide on that. I am a
member of the board purely because the conference was organised in
Sweden and a non-profit organisation (with a board) was required to act
as the bank account holder in the country, so I volunteered to put my
name down for last year's event. That doesn't make me into
decision-maker on where to move the conference. Technically we should
have a yearly board meeting soon anyway, at which any member of the EPC
board may withdraw or be kicked out, anyhow. If you want to make it a
board decision, there would have to be a board meeting.

i.m.h.o. the location for 2006 should be a community decision. I believe
it was quite clear last year that the general plan was to move town
after 2 years in the same town, currently Göteborg. I think CERN is a
nice next step. That's me talking, not the still-board member.

bea

bea at webwitches.com
"I will, as we say in rock 'n' roll, run until the wheels come off,
because I love what I do." -- David Crosby