[EuroPython] Menu structure

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Feb 3 10:56:00 CET 2005

Chris Withers wrote:

> Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
>
>> the structure is now online. I had to make some of the level 1 item
>> titles shorter.
>> There are some more adjustments to be made in the left navigation
>> portlet. But it will be easier to see what changes to do when content
>> has been published.
>

> Just to say, the website is starting to look REALLY good :-)
>
> Little niggles:
>
> 1. Was really slow to load when I just went there

I noticed that too. The first loading of the page takes quite some until
all objects are in the cache (and there are quite a lot of objects on a
single page). Could have something to do with the zope object cache
settings?   The server is Zope-2.7.2 maybe it should upgraded to the
latest 2.7.4?

> 2. Can we drop the unlabelled and somewhat non - descript search box
> floating about the top bar down into a box with a blue-bar header of
> "Search" that appears under "Image of the day"?

yes I will do that.

/JM