[EuroPython] Website things

Jacob Hallen jacob at strakt.com
Sun Apr 3 18:49:54 CEST 2005

lördag 02 april 2005 15.56 skrev Jean-Marc Orliaguet:
> >Ahh, this must have been done without me noticing. How do I publish
> > something? I can't find a box to click in that says "Publish".
>
> Hi, it's the 'submit' button
>
> http://www.medic.chalmers.se/~jmo/ep2005/content.html
>
> just create something in a workspace and  publish it in one of the
> sections. That's the "normal" workflow.

Well, we abandoned this workflow months ago, since it made it very difficult
for us to collaborate on things. We couldn't find a way that allowed
everybody involved to edit the same things, and we couldn't figure out how to
make common workspaces. Also, it was difficult to see how the different
pieces of work would fit together while you were working on them.

For these reasons, we have built everything "in place". And now there does not
seem to be a procedure for making the different parts marked as "published".

This seems to be a hole in the workflow to me, if you can paint yourself into
a corner like this. You may also consider if the workflow is adapted to the
way people actually want to work. It didn't fit the mental model that Laura
and I had when we were doing the job.

Jacob