[EuroPython] Web site wonderings

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Mar 2 09:45:52 EST 2004

Dario Lopez-Kästen <dario at ita.chalmers.se> writes:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> What would be nice if it'd be possible to sign up for at least the
>> *conference* without a login. One way to do it is to let signing up
>> for the conference be one way to *generate* a login. It could send
>> an email giving login info, and asks the user to please log in with
>> supplied random password and enter their conference preferences and
>> the like.
>
> this was more or less the idea we (or at least I) had in mind, but we
> are then assuming that everybody who signs up will be attending the
> conference.

Um... why?  So long as it's possible to join the site independently of
registering for the con as well, is this a problem?  And, after all,
you, me, bea, gnube, etc have all joined the site like this.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Remember - if all you have is an axe, every problem looks
  like hours of fun.                                        -- Frossie