[EuroPython] Web site wonderings

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Tue Mar 2 09:37:33 EST 2004

In a message of Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:18:25 +0100, Dario Lopez-Kästen writes:
>Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> What would be nice if it'd be possible to sign up for at least the
>> *conference* without a login. One way to do it is to let signing up for
>
>> the conference be one way to *generate* a login. It could send an email
>
>> giving login info, and asks the user to please log in with supplied
>> random password and enter their conference preferences and the like.
>
>this was more or less the idea we (or at least I) had in mind, but we
>are then assuming that everybody who signs up will be attending the
>conference.

This looks good to me.  I like it that you can register for the conference
and not have to go through the hasslde of getting a login, or waiting
for it to be validated.  This is all I wanted to avoid.

>I perceived some hints that this may not be the case... or am i wrong?
>
>Because if not, then the registration is for the conference and the you
>get access to all the nifty other features, like paper submittal, room
>reservation, etc.
>
>/dario

I know somebody who wants to submit a paper.  If it is accepted he is
flying here from the USA.  If it isn't, he isn't.  I don't think that
he would mind doing somehting like 'indicating an interest to attend'
but no cash will change hands until he hears from the Refereed Paper
Authorities.

Laura