[EuroPython] Formal organisation

Beatrice Fontaine bea at webwitches.com
Thu Jan 22 02:52:07 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 08:17, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:

[...snip...]

> I also agree on forming the non-profit under Swedish law since, based on
>   what other people tell me is involved in forming non-profits in othere
> EU countries, I have the impression that it will keep the paper work to
> a minimum, while at the same time upholding the necessary legal aspects.
>
> I too have had some experience with working and forming non-profits in
> Sweden and it is a rather painless process once you have all your papers
> in order.

Sounds like that is the most expedient way to go then, anyhow. You guys
know how to do it, you know it's relatively painless, and the conference
is happening under your auspices, so I think that whatever you think is
best for your own good, is the way to go for the conference, honestly.

The only question I have is whether having the account in Sweden affects
the way the online payments are being processed. But I am sure that
Joachim will have an answer for that, won't he? Does it make any
difference whatsoever?

Cheers

bea

--