[EuroPython] Exact dates for Europython

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Dec 9 15:27:27 CET 2004

Jacob Hallén <jacob at strakt.com> writes:

> The things we need to decide about keynotes are
> a) is 2 keynotes enough, or do we want a third one? If so, when should we have
> it?

Two is enough for me.

> b) Steve Alexander has suggested asking Adele Goldberg to be keynote speaker.
> Personally, I think this sounds great. Should we ask her, or do people have
> other names they would rather prefer?

She'd be great, IMHO.

> c) Do we ask Guido to hold a keynote again? I sort of assume yes, but I want
> to confirm that this is the general sentiment.

Yes, assuming he wants to give it again :)

> d) are people happy with having the keynotes at the end of day 1 and 2?

I am.

> Next thing is conference rooms. By holding the conference after Mid-summer, we
> get a 50% discount on the rent for the rooms. This means that even with
> possibly increased prices, we should be able to increase the amount of space
> we have without increasing the conference fees. For instance, we could have
> the biggest room, 2 large ones and one small one. We could increase to 3
> large ones and no small ones, but if we improve the scheduling, I don't think
> that will be necessary.

We should definitely try to schedule better this time.

> In the feedback there were a lot of people asking that we serve breakfast. If
> we want to do this, I think it should be included in the conference fee.
> Otherwise we would probably have to take an economic risk by guaranteeing a
> certain amount of breakfast sales for the restaurant. My guess is that if we
> are conservative in the increase of conference space, we should be able to
> include breakfast with no rasie or only a modest raise in conference prices.
> So, please tell me what you think about serving breakfast.

What does "breakfast" mean?  If it means urns of coffee and piles of
pastries, that sounds like a good thing to me.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  This is the fixed point problem again; since all some implementors
  do is implement the compiler and libraries for compiler writing, the