[EuroPython] re-checked with OSAF (Chandler makers) about their possible partecipation

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at bluewin.ch
Tue Apr 20 15:09:42 EDT 2004

hi,

on IRC (#pypy), we were wondering me and Michael whether OSAF had been
contacted again about coming to Europython and talk about Chandler. I
recall there were some preliminary contacts at PyCon through Laura and Jacob.

Maybe some contacts were already ongoing, anyway I took the liberty to
re-check, so that no opportunity is going missed.

Here's the conversion we had on their irc channel #chandler on
irc.osafoundation.org (they have an irc culture), so that we are all on the
same page. Briefly: they are considering it and now are aware of the
time-frames.

[sprout is Ted Leung of OSAF]

<pedronis> sprout, ducky: hi
<sprout> hi pedronis
<pedronis> sprout: have you (OSAF) been contacted to present something at
europython, do you want could send someone
<pedronis> http://www.europython.org/
<pedronis> 7-9 June in Gothenburg Sweden
<sprout> pedronis: yes, we're discussing it but no decisions have been made
yet.
<pedronis> ok, just on your side, or have you an ongoing contact with the
organizers
<sprout> i discussed the possibility w/ Laura Creighton @ pycon, but not
since then.
<pedronis> ah, I'm just checking, because I was discussing with one of
them, and he didn't knew
<pedronis> if you had been contacted
<ducky> returns to her desk and waves at pedronis
<pedronis> sprout: yes, I read on your blog that you met with Laura, Jacob
and Armin
<pedronis> sprout: talk submission ends on 26
<pedronis> I expect that things can be arranged in Chandler case also after
that
<sprout> thx for the date reminder. I'll try to get more info / closure on
this in the next few days.
<pedronis> yes, that would be nice, because anyway schedule setting should
be done
<pedronis> sprout: the most general way to contact the organizers is
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/europython
<pedronis> or you may want to drop into #europython on freenode
<sprout> ok, cool