[EuroPython] why is the website so slow?

Ivo van der Wijk ivo at amaze.nl
Fri Apr 9 08:08:31 EDT 2004

Tom Deprez wrote:
>>>I don't think it are other apps running on the machine. I think the
>>>cause has to be somewhere on our site...
>>
>>No, there are.  Look at the output of 'ps aux'.  However, I think the
>>slowness is our fault.
>

> Sorry, I meant: I don't think the cause is comming from one of the other
> apps running on the machine.
>
> But this is old news now,

Hi All

Back from egypt, ready to serve you again :)

I assume you have tried the standard Plone optimization tricks:

- larger ZODB cache
- No debug mode (seems to be default OFF)
- caching (RamCachemanager) - perhaps even just the front page..

Could speedpack be an option here? (I don't know right away if it requires psyco
installed, and if it works with Plone < 2.0)

The instance now runs with 4 threads which should be sufficient.

Cheers

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                                      -=-
Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 12                     Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.