[EuroPython] Re: Aahz wants Trevor to build a 'paper submission Zope thing'

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat at logilab.fr
Sat Sep 20 02:33:14 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:31:56PM +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:

> I said, make it general enough that we can use it too, and we
> have different categories (track chairman, people in your track who
> are all reading each others stuff as part of improving).  I'm not up
> for deciding what we want in this.

> Trevor wrote:
>
> NOTE: At this point, I'm overall more interested in hearing from people
> who think they might be able to do this work than I am in critiques of
> the design.

Please use:

1. Plone + Archetypes (see http://plone.org/documentation/archetypes)

OR remove Archetypes dependency on Plone and use CMF+Archetypes

2. CMF workflow

Will take a day or two for the technical part.

Probably several more days for fancy graphical design if the out-of-the-box
one does not fit.

Here is a sample archetypes schema, which is the *only* thing you
have to write to get your content types in shape:

----------------8<-----------------------------

from Products.ArchExample.config import ARTICLE_GROUPS

# do the other imports

schema = BaseSchema +  Schema((
    StringField('group',
                vocabulary=ARTICLE_GROUPS,
                widget=SelectionWidget(),
                ),
    StringField('blurb',
                searchable=1,
                widget=TextAreaWidget,
                ),
    TextField('body',
              searchable=1,
              required=1,
              allowable_content_types=('text/plain',
                                       'text/structured',
                                       'text/html',),
              widget=RichWidget,
              ),
    ))

class Article(BaseContent):

    schema = schema

registerType(Article)

(see http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/archetypes/ArchExample)

This is what I have been meaning to do for EP04's website, but I lack time...

Hope this helps.

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais où est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)