[EuroPython] EuroPython Merchandise

Laura Creighton lac@strakt.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:56:14 +0100

In a message of Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:53:56 +0100, "M.-A. Lemburg" writes:
>PyCon is using CafePress for T-Shirts and other merchandise.
>Perhaps we should go for this as well ?!
>
>	<http://www.cafeshops.com/pycon>
>
>It would take one item off the TODO list :-)
>
>--
>Marc-Andre Lemburg
>eGenix.com

I think this is a good idea.  It makes the job on-site a lot easier,
plus people have a better chance of getting a tshirt that fits.  Cafe
Press also sells other things than tshirts, a plus.
The PSF has reserved a permanent slot on CafePress. It is now called
pycon, as mentioned. But efforts are proceeding to get the name
python (first choice) because the plan is to make the site permanent,
though to vary the offerings.  But somebody else already has the
name python, and needs to be convinced to release it to the PSF.

As a practical matter, this means that if we decide to go this route,
we can just add our stuff to the site, and won't have to pay for a
site of our own.  Of course, we _can_ make our own site if we want.
It costs hardly anything, as I recall.

Aahz (aahz at pythoncraft.com) and Michael Bernstein (webmaven at
lvcm.com) are the people to contact if we want to join up with their
site on cafepress.

But THERE IS A DOWNSIDE.  Here is the shipping policy
http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/help/shipping.aspx

As far as I can tell, the only way we can get our stuff is shipped
DHL and that _takes up to Four Weeks!_

Will that matter?  Does anybody know any place in Europe we could
use instead?

Laura