[EuroPython] Slogan for EPC2003

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:18:06 +0100

At 23:42 2003-02-11 +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>Do you think it's good to have Python mentioned twice in the
>title ?
>
>                 EuroPython 2003
>
>             Python -- It's about time...

Well, just remove the second Python if it will be used like that.

                EuroPython 2003

             It's a matter of time

But "Simple is better than Complex" is fine with
me. As long as we don't run "Complex is better
than Complicated" next year... ;)

It's really a matter of what we try to push. If we want
to focus on shortening development times, I think the
a time-related slogan is better. But lowering complexity
is certainly worthwhile too.

Both slogans need some kind of explaining context to make
sense.

Have you seen the "Java Problem" memo by the way... Some
Sun people have noticed that Python is more or less as fast
as Java, but much smaller and faster in startup despite being
much more dynamic...
http://www.internalmemos.com/memos/memodetails.php?memo_id=1321

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB