[EuroPython] status

Denis Frère denis at aragne.com
Tue Aug 26 14:55:04 EDT 2003

Le Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 12:33:13PM +0200, Martijn Faassen pianota:
> I did receive mail from Denis last sunday in reply to my message asking
> him to check out the list and he said he would soon. He'd been on
> holidays and had just returned.

Hi all,

Yes, I'm back. But when you come back from vacation, there is always
a terrible list of todo things... Moreover, I still have to conclude
the EPC 2003 accounting.

So I've no time right now to start argumenting. For me there is no
problem if you want to set up a voting process. Just try to be fair
so that a maximum of people are able to express their wishes.

We announced EPC2004 in Charleroi again because many people explicitely
asked us to keep it there. But remember that we had a (relatively) long
hesitation before we proposed it. We were carried on by the tide of our
enthousiasm, but we certainly don't want to rape you all, we don't want
to go against the stream : if most people want to give a try to
Göteborg, let's go to Göteborg. Anyway, I like Aquavit :-)

On the other side, you know the pros and cons of Charleroi. We can
improve some aspects, but we can't oblige every waitress to learn
English before the next conference. If you want to be more conservative,
you're welcome in our 'poor' town.

The most important point is to fix things as quick as possible.

Sunny greatings from Charleroi,

Denis

--
Denis FRERE