[EuroPython] Voting proposals

Tom Deprez tom at aragne.com
Mon Aug 18 13:30:25 EDT 2003

> It would be great if we had, not only a time and a place, but also
> speakers and a finished program earlier than this year. It's not
> easy to sell something before there is any content to present. As
> I remember, there was no substancial info about EPC 2003 on the
> web site when the first announcements went out. Once the talks
> started to materialize, there was plenty of stuff, but by the time
> I felt that I needed to plan and make a decision, there was nothing
> on the web site, and it was only because I was a mailing list
> subscriber that I felt that I knew enough to decide to go. The
> typical visitor won't be that involved.
>
> If people start to register earlier it will also make it much
> easier to plan, and the liquidity of EPC will be better.

Let me get into this.... you need people to help or to fill the gaps in
if you want to have information to spread... which we never had not in
2002, nor in 2003. People only pop in to help if the conference is
close. I don't think a new conference place will solve this attedude...
so I warn you, there needs to be done much more to attrack people to
help.

All I hear from these mails is, how bad Charleroi is, how much better it
can be done on another place. How late the organisation was, etc.... Let
me tell you this: everybody is responsilbe, not only the people who
stick there hands out to help... there wouldn't have been two previous
EPC's if somebody didn't took all the risk and worked on it as much as
they could and with the resources they had.

I really don't loke some statements made on this list, please have a
little bit respect for the previous events. It looks like some of you
see them as "dish-water". Well, that gives a nice feeling for the people
who've put a lot of effort and time in it.

T.