[EuroPython] EPC2003: program + length + public + fees

holger krekel hpk@devel.trillke.net
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:31:39 +0100

[Nicolas Chauvat Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 07:11:15PM +0100]
> > For example:
> >
> > day 1 = business day: everyone is welcome in the common exhibition area but
> > blue badges (ie. for business people who have paid their due fees) only enter
> > the conference rooms
> >
> > day 2 and 3 = developper days : blue badges (for business people) and orange
> > badges (the other, developpers for example) are welcome everywhere; no
> > control needed anymore at the entrance.
>
> IMHO, business contacts will be even better if only business-oriented guys are
> around. Most exhibitions have that: day one is for professionals only, others
> days welcome public.
>
> Here, the distinction is not professionals/public, but business/hackers. I
> think avoiding to mix the two on day 1 is a good idea anyway. They'll
> mix later on and keep on mixing until saturday night if they want to :-)

Were there any complaints from business or dev people last time?

I enjoyed the mixture of business and development tracks.  I am
interested in certain businesses and certain python projects. There is
no clear barrier separating the groups which is a good thing IMO.

It didn't occur to me that the python business people were extremely
eager to have a more formal type of environment.  Pythonic business
people seem more interesting than "usual" business people to me
as much as python developers are compared to many other communities.
Why not build on that?

regards,

    holger