[EuroPython] Re: Jython

Samuele Pedroni Samuele Pedroni" <pedroni@inf.ethz.ch
Wed, 15 May 2002 15:38:49 +0200

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 23:26:34 +0200
>Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>
>> Weird -- we'll just have a single talk about Jython, so I'm not seeing
>> how this makes sense.
>
>Is Finn Bock coming to the conference ? If not, please invite
>him !
>
>I really do think that we should give more focus
>to Jython -- it's the perfect entry point for Java programmers
>and businesses which (for some reason) are bound to the Java
>model.

Someone already pointed it out: Finn will be there
and will give a talk on the progress of Jython 2.2,
I will be there too.

Honestly I don't think that EuroPython with 1
vs. 2 Jython talks will attract a lot of Java shops.

The Jython books target Java programmers,
or talks on scripting/Jython at Java venues (btw
jython users have given such talks).

regards.