[EuroPython] _summary_

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 20:51:51 +0200

Hi all,

I hope you are still with us. I can imagine that several people, who don't
regulary follow this mailing list, will have problems following everything.
Therefor I made this summary. If others find out that I missed something,
sorry.

What happened this week?
---------------------------

* To your request: We created posters and images in all sorts of formats:
use them well. (Let us know concerning improvements of these)
* Special email address: if you are in need of some serious informaton and
don't know whom to ask or didn't get an answer from another person. We'll
try to answer your questions to the best we can and if possible forward your
question to the person in charge of those topics.
* A contact page is added, now it includes the special address
* Registration page: almost finished. Several payments are possible
* You can order a T-shirt at the soon to be release registration page.
* Booths page: almost finished
* Website: Introduction of a Tips, Contact, Gadgets, Floorplan and Sessions
page. The Sessions page will contain all talk related material. At the
moment it contains the time schedule (which was earlier a main link) and the
Track descriptions. (If I made a mistake concerning the descriptions, let me
know or change it yourself).
* We received our own Zope instance and secure access to the server from the
Amaze people. Now we've full control over our database and zope instance.
* ReportLab people are starting on the dynamically creation of brochures,
time schedules etc. These can be donwloaded by the visitors before they come
to the congress.
* Zope Tutorial Day AM is filled. Jim Fulton will give the whole morning a
Zope3 tutorial.

* A Zope3 sprint is announced! This will happen the days before the congress
and is hosted by Aragne. If you want to work on Zope3 during this sprint,
please contact paul@zope.com

Planned topics for next week:
-----------------------------

1. Chat on Monday 17:00h. Started to add points for the next chat:
http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/ChatLogMay13 ; Please, if you know of
something, add them to the list or contact us and we'll add them or we'll
give the answer to you.

2. Activating the registration of booths page

3. Activating the registration page

4. Creation of the talks information page for visitors.

5. Creation of sponsor page (possible ways to spend your company money on
EuroPython - apart from hiring a booth)

And now, I'm going to take a break :-)

Have a nice weekend,
Regards,