[EuroPython] To all track managers PART II

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 15:42:15 +0200

> Tom Deprez wrote:
> > please note that by vote during the last chat, the PythonHackersTrack is
> > restored to it's original name : Python & Jython.
> > (information see on the chat log of 6 may)
>
> Weird -- we'll just have a single talk about Jython, so I'm not seeing
> how this makes sense.

> It doesn't make much sense anyway to call it the 'Python' track, on a
python conference..

Don't know if it doesn't make sence. This track handles on the programming
language 'Python', while others handle on the business, applications, etc of
Python. Since the track really handles on the programming language, I don't
think it's that weird to call it a Python track.

The main reason of not choosing Python Hackers is the that hackers are
regulary mistaken with the wrong group of people... ie crackers.

Regards,
Tom.