[EuroPython] Budget team

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon, 06 May 2002 14:51:55 +0200 (CEST)

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org>:

> Have you guys approached O'Reilly yet as a sponsor?  They often
> sponsor events like this, to a serious tune -- hacker eyeballs are
> worth a lot to them!  Contact: Betsy Waliszewski <betsy@oreilly.com>

Having translated some ORA books I did (someone in UK where
they feel responsible for Belgium, too). They are not interested,
obviously because the event is too much of a small scale one...

> Also, a local computer bookstore might be interested in having a
> bookstand to sell books to hackers.  Maybe the two ideas can work
> together.

AFAIK, there will be one, but not in order to sponsor, only in order
to generate more of a bazzaar feeling... (and sell books) Tom and
Denis should know more.

Dinu