[EuroPython 2002] Re: [EuroPython] Revised brochures available

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:55:53 +0200

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> At 09:06 21/06/2002, Andy Robinson wrote:
>
>> Two revised versions of the brochure are now up at
>>   http://www.reportlab.com/demos/epc/brochure.pdf  (46pp, 1.9Mb)
>>   http://www.reportlab.com/demos/epc/brochure_minimal.pdf  (14pp, 1.6Mb)
>>

>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Andy Robinson
>

> I just tried to print the "Talks and speakers, Details" on a black and
> white laser printer (AcroRead 5.0 on Win 2k).
>
> The background "EUROP THON Conference 2002" get printed as foreground.
>
> So that some text (for instance Guido and Itamar bios on page 10) is not
> readable.
>
> Can others check that the problem is linked with my configuration and
> not with the file itself ?

I think this is a configuration problem on your side: the background
image uses gray-scales and if your printer driver translates this
into black and white, you have the problem you reported.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH