[EuroPython] website

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:54:08 +0100

Hi all,

As Denis already told on the list, we should gather some more information
(figures) about the conference which we can show to governments people and
industry so that they know we mean it seriously. One point is that we should
know approx how many people will come to the conference.
We discussed this at Aragne and it would be good if we make some sort of
pre-registration form which allows all the people on the list to tell that
they likely will come and with how many people. This will give us some
figures.
Meanwhile I will make contact with ShareIt and create an account. After this
is finished we can create a registration form which enables to give us a
more appropriate figure of people who will come. (because people who will
pay online, will most likely come as well).
Further on as Martijn is already working on, we should start as well with a
call-for-papers form, enabling to let people bring in their papers. This
will give us an idea of the amount of people for presentations as well.

So, I think the following actions should be discussed *quickly* and
desicions should be made, since these are some key thingies that certainly
will be needed before we can finish the above things *completely*:

1. When will be the deadline for bringing in papers
2. How much will the confernce cost per person

Other action points concerning the website and information leaflets:

1. We should go on with the logo and the look of the website. We've seen
some pretty nice logo's and designs. Could we vote on them (ie we could put
the somewhere together on the wiki and vote...)? Are there people who made
some new designs?

2. We should finalize the structure of the site. Is the structure proposed
on the wiki OK? http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/SiteStructure

3. Are we able to use a database to store registered people, etc?

4. François is making a list of hotels available at Charleroi, so this
information will soon be available too.

5. .... aargh too many points to talk about. Let's keep it with the above
before venturing forth.

Tom.