[EuroPython] EUROPYTHON LOGO 2nd

Laura Creighton lac@strakt.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:35:45 +0100

I don't recall ever be=EDng asked for input as to what was to go INTO
the logo.  This is probably too late, but for the record: I would
rather no snakes on it at all.  I especially do  not want a
cartoonish-snake.  My basic position is that if there is one person
on the planet who can look at the python logo and say 'oooh, that's
cute' then my job of marketting is _harder_ not _easier_.  The image
I want to get across is 'serious professional language suitable for
extremely hard professional work'.  This icon is not helping. It is
too friendly, colloquial, and social for my purposes.  This is the
icon for 'python is fun, and we are silly folk who like fun and puns'.
It is hard to raise money on that platform.

Laura Creighton