[EuroPython] Why is GPL required in the contest?!?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:01:19 +0100

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Laura Creighton wrote:
> >
> > Alas, 2 people have asked me now about this in the Competition:
> >
> >    "The participants agree that their application free software,
> >     protected by the GPL licence."
> >
> > Some have got LGPL'd stuff.  I think that any open source is more
> > reasonable.
>
> Didn't we agree that the application has to come under an OSI
> certified license as only requirement ?!

Whee, the licenses again. I've hacked the programming contest wiki
page to take out the GPL stuff and to put in the OSI stuff.

The actual people organizing the contest will have to adjust this with
proper text and URLs to the right places (OSI, FSF), but at least this
will stop people from posting about this to the list again. ;)

Btw, the prizes; who's going to pay for them? I'm wary of promising
prizes if we don't have a proper budget yet. :)

Regards,

Martijn