[EuroPython] Sponsoring

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:07:21 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Stefane Fermigier wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:54:47AM +0100, Dinu Gherman wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > maybe I just forgot about it, but I don't quite remember
> > > having seen anybody mentioning the sponsoring issue.
> > > Could anybody elaborate a bit on this one, please?
> >
> > As said during the december meeting that my company, Nuxeo, could probably
> > give 500 Euros, but it's too early to make a firm commitment.
>
> Infrae (mine and Kit Blake's company) can put in some euros too. Paul
> Everitt also wrote in before and said Zope Corporation could contribute a
> 'couple of hundred bucks'.
>
> We need some kind of policy though so that sponsors can start sponsoring,
> and know what they'll get back for it. Perhaps sponsors get space for
> a poster presentation of some sort? And of course they get added to some
> list of sponsors we'll display prominently everywhere.

Good idea. Let's mimic what Foretec does/did at the IPC
conferences: they have different categories of sponsorship
and depending on the category, the logos et al. are made
visible on announcements, the web-site, the conference table,
the badge...

The good thing about having categories is that we provide
"guidelines" for the amount of sponsoring, rather than the
sponsors.

Of course, before determining the amounts, we'll need to
figure out a budget for the event. Does anybody here have
experience with conference budgets ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH