[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2021: Meet our Diamond Sponsor Microsoft

Marc-Andre Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Fri Jul 9 09:18:00 EDT 2021

We are excited to have Microsoft as one of our two Diamond Sponsors for
EuroPython 2021. Microsoft invests heavily into bringing you the best
tooling for Python on Windows and Azure. They have also been a great
supporter of EuroPython for many years. Thanks, Microsoft!

You can participate in their free training session, visit their sponsor
exhibit rooms, and talk with their staff to learn more about the Python
ecosystem they have created.

Please continue reading to learn more about Microsoft.

Enjoy,
--
EuroPython 2021 Team
https://ep2021.europython.eu/

                             Microsoft Azure

               * https://devblogs.microsoft.com/python/ *

Another year, another EuroPython, and Microsoft is once again excited to
be a sponsor! We love being able to play a part in bringing together a
community of developers and data scientists using Python to learn about
what’s new in the world of Python and tooling.

This year, to continue supporting this quickly growing community, we
increased our sponsorship of the Python Software Foundation to the new
top visionary level. We hope you consider donating to the PSF in order
to help provide grants and resources for further development and
adoption of Python as well as expanding Python outreach by funding the
Python Ambassador Program.

On top of growing the Python community, Microsoft’s Developer Division
aims to enable every developer. To help achieve that goal, we have
worked hard to support Python in Visual Studio Code and in Azure:

- Your default editing experience has been upgraded with the bundling of
  the Pylance extension, bringing you the most performant and
  user-friendly experience with rich features such as completions,
  auto-imports, function signature help, docstrings, contextual
  highlighting and more!

- The Python extension for VS Code has been improved with added features
  such as support for Poetry environments, Tensorboard integration, and
  debugger enhancements that include an integrated feature-rich data
  viewer and code- reloading for scripts.

- Look no further for PyTorch development! Powerful productivity
  features such as enhanced Tensor support, Data Slicing, autocompletions
  and doc-strings for PyTorch APIs and PyTorch Profiler integration have
  made VS Code the best tool for your PyTorch development.

- VS Code’s Jupyter notebooks brought to you by the Jupyter extension
  has been completely overhauled this year to be fully integrated with VS
  Code! On top of a new modern design, you will now benefit from faster
  load times, built-in source control and diffing capabilities, notebook
  debugging, as well as the ability to have all your other favorite VS
  Code extensions light up within the notebook.

- You can build and deploy machine learning models, and connect and work
  with managed VMs in a highly-streamlined way directly through VS Code by
  using the Azure Machine Learning extension.

- You can also build serverless Python applications and APIs in Azure
  Functions with a rich developer experience in VS Code including event
  driven scaling, all starting at zero-scale with the first million calls
  free.

- If you’re looking to build intelligent apps, or to manage machine
  learning workflows, Azure Cognitive services and Azure Machine Learning
  service are both easily accessible from Python.

- TensorBoard integration with VS Code

Don’t miss out on our talks and training sessions to watch the features
mentioned above in action! We hope to see you there!

- Python Data Science with VS Code and Azure
  https://ep2021.europython.eu/talks/python-data-science-with-vs-code-and-azure/

- Host your FastAPI based websites in Azure for free with Azure Web Apps
  and Azure

https://ep2021.europython.eu/talks/host-your-fastapi-based-websites-in-azure-for-free-with-Azure-web-apps-and-azure/

- Build and deploy PyTorch models with Azure Machine Learning

https://ep2021.europython.eu/talks/build-and-deploy-pytorch-models-with-azure-machine-learning/

The full blog post with all links is available at:
https://blog.europython.eu/europython-2021-meet-our-diamond-sponsor-microsoft/