[Email-SIG] continuation_ws in Generator and Header

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Oct 15 17:42:42 CEST 2012

On Oct 15, 2012, at 08:34 AM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>> I believe these issues have been dealt with, and that
>> we are now RFC 2822 (and 5322, for that matter) compliant.
>
>Great!  Any chance of this making it into a patch for 2.1.15 ...?

That's Mailman 2.1.15, which is already out, so you probably mean 2.1.16.  But
Mailman 2.1 pretty much uses whatever is available in Python 2 - we've been
down the road before of providing a separate email package, and I think that's
problematic.

FWIW, I would *dearly* love Mailman 3 to be a Python 3 project, and even
require Python 3.3 so we could take advantage of all the nice email policy
stuff right out of the box.  I can't currently do that because enough of our
dependencies haven't yet been ported (ping me if you want to help with that :).

Cheers,
-Barry