[Email-SIG] headers everywhere

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon May 2 19:12:43 CEST 2011

On May 02, 2011, at 12:23 PM, R. David Murray wrote:

>I just posted a new blog post:
>
>    http://www.bitdance.com/blog/2011/05/02_01_Email6_Headers_Everywhere/
>
>This describes the work I did two weeks ago on the Headers-as-string-objects
>idea we talked about here a couple months ago.  (Last week, as I mention
>in the blog post, I was otherwise tied up and got no email6 coding done :(
>
>If anyone has time to read it and give feedback on the API decision I'm
>outlining there, that would be great :).   I may change my mind about
>some things as I implement more, but so far I'm liking the way this
>is turning out.

Very interesting, thanks for the post!  Although I haven't played with your
branch yet, the API looks pretty reasonable to me.  I'm interested to see how
your dynamic header classes feature works out.  Mailman has its own Message
subclass and I agree that a traditional class-based hierarchy makes using this
kind of a pain.

-Barry