[Email-SIG] Text/Enriched - RFC 1896

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Aug 19 17:40:08 CEST 2005

On Friday 19 August 2005 09:28, Barry Warsaw wrote:
 > Would such a converter have a more general application?  Maybe a
 > separate Python module would be more useful; the email package could
 > then use it.

An implementation of text/enriched certainly wouldn't need to rely on the
email package, so it makes sense to use a separate module.  OTOH, I've never
heard of text/enriched being used outside of email.  But separation of
concerns suggests a separate module; I wouldn't expect the email package to
be used for handling payload as more than a pile-o-bits, other than perhaps
for message/*.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>