[Email-SIG] Email package for Python < 2.2.2

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Sep 1 19:40:08 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 00:55, Tony Meyer wrote:
> Now that the sourceforge mimelib project has (effectively) closed down, is
> there anywhere that people can get hold of the email package if they are
> using Python < 2.2.2?

I've tried to get away with not releasing the standalone email package
any more, but I've had a number of requests for it for Python 2.1, so I
think I'll have to reverse my decision here.  Note that, the distutils
package is available in a roundabout way:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mailman/mailman/misc/

I distribute it with Mailman so the latest version is always checked
into the Mailman cvs.

Here's a thought: we could make the distutils package available on the
sig pages.  I'll go ahead and do that.

-Barry