[Email-SIG] Re: support CJKCodecs in Charset.py

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Nov 25 19:10:48 EST 2003

Hi,

Jason R. Mastaler wrote:

> Should I modify my patch to leave the Japanese alone, and only replace
> Korean and Chinese with cjkcodecs?  Do you want to investigate this
> issue of cjkcodecs vs. JapaneseCodecs further?

Both JapaneseCodecs and CJKCodecs include 'euc-jp' and 'iso-2022-jp'
which are required in internal conversion of messages in Mailman.
While CJKCodecs include jis-x0213 ('iso-2022-jp-[23]'), JapaneseCodecs
can handle half-width-kana by 'iso-2022-jp-ext'.

I think we can handle well behaved japanese messages by CJKCodecs
and users can add JapaneseCodecs if they want to do with
extended charsets.

+1 for CJKCodecs

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/